StreetCred Studios offers a supportive, arts-focused work environment for young adults in the Des Moines area with criminal backgrounds. This job training program hires production assistants to work in our creative studios for approximately three to five months while receiving support through CFI’s Connect 2 Careers program. Upon completion, participants will move on to a better job or post-secondary education. Trainees will receive $9/hr for approximately 20 to 25 hours per week.
Description of Work:
- Screen printing, cleaning & reclaiming screens, quality control, sorting, counting, cleaning etc.
- Photography, covering events, sorting footage and media, editing, etc.
Sales/Business Development (30%)
- Making sales calls, preparing invoices, meeting with clients.
- Screen printing processes
- Digital media (photography/video/digital media editing).
- Customer service
- Quoting projects
- Pricing structure
- Phone etiquette
- Resumes, job interviews, job searching, etc.
- Help with creating career pathways
- Removal of individualized barriers
- Enhancing work readiness skills and professionalism in the workplace
Because this social enterprise is designed to serve young adults with criminal backgrounds who struggle to find and maintain employment, specific requirements apply, including, but not limited to:
Not in school
Age 18 to 24
Lives in Polk or surrounding counties
Legally able to work
Standing 75% of the 7 hour day
Able to lift boxes 25-50 pounds